1. No control over the length of time the divorce process will take as it relies on the schedules of the parties, the parties’ attorneys, as well as the judge.
2. Can be very costly depending on how long how complex and how adversarial the process is.
3. Couple abdicates decision-making to a judge and lose control of both the process and the outcome.
4. Based on "win-lose" conflict resolution strategy.
5. Communication between the couple 1s discouraged.
6. Decisions will be imposed by a judge who does not know the unique issues of your family.
7. Children of all ages suffer adverse effects of battles between their parents.
8. Children may be used as “chips” bargaining to game concessions from other the side.
9. Confrontation, bitterness and hostility are created by the adversarial legal process.
10. Dissatisfaction with the outcome frequently leads to post-divorce litigation.